DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, March 07, 2005

A puny excuse

Darlene, my prayer partner, tonight told us a story about her life that was .. jaw dropping. What she grew up with, and from where she came. Oh, my GOD. She is indistinguishable in her countenance and carriage from any other middle class person. She has re-defined herself and created a new reality that is a much greater step than for me to take myself from where I am to an international figure of importance with great wealth. Seriously.

I have to seriously look at my "story" about my limitations, and get a grip. So, tonight, after I fold laundry, send a fax to the TWC lady after re-creating my schedule for the first half of the year and take the dogs outside, I'm going to do more "dot connecting."

I've finished up in my mind what I'm creating with this whole Fabulair thing .. it's going to grow into an organization much like AARP, but for gay people. Marketing, branding, lobbying .. an organization that carries some weight behind it.

If we had something like AARP; something with a minimal membership cost, something where we could start to demonstrate our marketing horsepower, where we could offer group insurance for people with HIV, retirement plans, retirement villages, marketing consulting, death benefits, travel benefits .. and so on.

No comments: