DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

What a USELESS day. I got up (after staying up past 1:00 working on budgets and forecasts) expecting to have a.) a conference call with Crystal Ball about the sub-contract, and b.) a decent interview for a branch manager position with a major national lender.

Well, no call (and still nothing) and the interview was a total waste of two hours and a perfectly good starched shirt. I was driving home, and Nicole called wanting to have lunch .. hm. Perhaps a little Nicole time would be a good thing. So, I fiddled for about a half hour, and then met her at the Hyatt. Okay, hello, Matty? The service SUCKS!? $37.00 for lunch, $6.00 to park, decent food and not as much table service as one gets from Luby's?

So, home I came .. no conference call. No mail. Another crappy note from UPS telling me that they're insisting on charging me $10 per shipment because THEY printed the wrong account number on my pre-printed labels. Hello, USPS?

So, after about a half hour of feeling like crap (which is really irritating, considering how wonderful I felt last night during class and after) I decided to take a nap. BIG waste of time. That accomplished nothing except making me crankier.

Now, I'm looking at the clock, realizing that I have about 40 minutes before I have to meet Mikey and Jay at Cabo, and wishing I could just Howard Hughes the rest of my day, and sit behind drawn blinds.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to have to stay up late, forcing work on some files that I allowed to go untouched today and yesterday.

I should read some more Emma Curtis Hopkins. See if that brings me out of this mood.

No comments: