DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Ahhhh. Another Travis sort of an evening. I'm so happy with the speakers up above the doors in here in the den - they sound AMAZING.

The apartment is nicely picked up; a little more house cleaning to do tomorrow, and then the rotation starts over again. Didn't get a lot of substantive work done today, but got a lot done. Have a lot more to do tomorrow, including driving down to the church's bank to sign the signature card.

The toll-free number for Fabulair works! It's great!

a little later

Okay, only in the life of the Divo could this happen ..

So, 8:00 comes and goes, and Travis doesn't show up. Or call. So, I'm sitting in here feeling morose, me, the stand-up king of all time. And, the dogs start barking. So, I go to the door, and there's no one there. I'm walking back toward the computer, and there's someone outside my patio gate shouting at me. I open the patio door, and it's CBB - whom I haven't seen in .. oh, more than a year. He had an appointment with me two weeks ago - that he blew off and never called about - and I'm like "you're dropping IN on me?" Well, it's not like Travis showed up. He asks if I'm going to invite him in, and he says he's meeting a friend of his for a drink in an hour .. okay, come on in. He's a chatty, pleasant fellow, after all.

So. CBB makes himself comfortable and starts talking about .. well, himself. About twenty minutes later, there's a knock at the door. Yep. Travis. Late. So, CBB see Travis and says "oh, I am interfering with your plans!" And rips right into the next big topic about himself.

CBB is one of those people who has a constant supply of oxygen, and doesn't need to breathe to talk on for .. oh, hours. So, Travis sits there amiably, and CBB entertains, and then it's 9:30, and Travis says he has an appointment, and he leaves. And CBB drones on for another FORTY FIVE minutes.

Of course, I had not the guts to just say "uh, you dropped in on me, and .. git!"

Plus, I had already decided that Travis wasn't coming, so .. who knows.

I think I just need to completely cease the idea of having a relationship of ANY kind with a man, PERIOD. It just brings me more grief.

When he was leaving, CBB said "it sure was nice - I always love visiting with you.. "

Uh, hello? I didn't SAY anything? You pontificated for nearly two hours..

Jesus.

I just need to stop these social interactions and only focus on ones that work.

No comments: