DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The first morning of "Freedom." 

Haven't started WORKING just yet, but have clipped out a number of emails, and done some online work.  I'm waiting to hear from Lance; he said he's coming over this morning.  Taxes have to be done today, loans worked on.  Plus, I have to go through all this CRAP I brought home from the office, and figure out where to PUT it all.  Bleh. 

Okay, so Lance is coming at noon.  I can spend my morning doing cleaning and organizing, so that I have something set up here that makes this place look a little less disorganized.  Since he's not coming for breakfast, I'll have to whip up some oatmeal now.

I got the original window sticker for the '73 Impy that I found on eBay yesterday.  It ROCKS!  I think it's the PERFECT car for me (timing, condition, equipment, color, etc.)   You can check it out for a few weeks at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485571883&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Brent just IMd.  Today is his birthday. 

I'm thinking of buying a new Palm.  They're making it nearly impossible to resist.  If I sign up for a 12 month subscription with some audio book company (annual price of $160) they'll give me $100 off, plus they'll ship it for free, and give me a $50 gift certificate for more Palm stuff if I ship them my old one back (which gives me something to do with it - it's been a good machine these last five years, but there is no support for it anymore.)  If I buy it by Friday, they'll include 32MB memory card for free.  So, the net out of pocket price is $99, I can have a year's worth of audio books to teach myself Spanish and re-fresh my German, and they'll essentially FINANCE the other $100 of the purchase price.

Okay, Lance is here and we're going to get to work.  More later.  Brent's coming over to celebrate his birthday later.

 

 

No comments: