DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday, Monday ver. 833.01

Took Scarlett into David Taylor this morning - I guess my bitchfest last week must have done something, because they had the car fixed in five hours. Gadzooks.

FINALLY got the desktop computer moved down into the kitchen. The wireless network card (for the desktop) works GREAT. I am going to start moving documents off of it and onto the lappy, and stripping it down to just be a financial software computer.

I'll have to get a LCD monitor for it; the Gigante 21" monitor that I was using is off to one side and makes my neck hurt when I sit there for any period of time working on it.

Chased Tom around; never wrestled him to the ground. Did a bunch of estimates. Did laundry. Called Verizon about adding service with them; have to go to the store and talk to them. Answered some client emails and phone calls. Revised my will, living will, guardianship and medical POA forms. Moved the phone and the MFC downstairs from the office; mounting the phone on the wall, I was able to plug the MFC (fax/printer/copier/scanner) into an old DSL wallplate that I still had, which gives me a side telephone jack (two jacks, one neat mounting.) The old AT&T 964 phone (which is STILL fabulous) hangs on the wall jack, and the fax cable plugs in right behind it, neat as you please. Yanked up both owner's manuals online, and spent about an hour programming each device so that the fax only picks up on a fax call, and the phone works as an answering device. That felt righteous; I can still receive faxes without being here, and the phone is now a HOME TELEPHONE! That's right, a home phone with an answering device. Not that anyone has the number, but it is listed.

Felt half full most of the day.

Have to run over to pick up Scarlett first thing in the morning, then have three client meetings tomorrow, plus have to do another client's accounting work (that stuff is at the office, or I would have done it today.) That will leave me with JUST ONE client's accounting work to finish, which I would have also done today had I had their file password.

Hung out with Secret Agent Man for an hour today. He expressed dismay that I had bought a Pontiac - he said he saw me as a Cadillac man. Specifically, an STS-V. Well, how about that? A nice choice, but not until they're about two years old. But, it could be financially beneficial to drive this car for two years, then sell it while it still has the service contract and upgrade to the STS-V.

I laundered the sheets today, and didn't get them on the bed yet. I need to fluff the featherbed, which requires taking off the mattress pad, and .. that seemed like too much effort in the moment.

This means that it's required NOW, at 22:15. Bleh. Off to make up the bed with the red sheets, shams and duvet. Then, to get into it.

No comments: