DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, December 23, 2006

a big, important piece

Many years ago, when I hadn't been driving a car for very long, my grandfather explained to me how to keep the car between the white lines on the road - how to drive confidently and smoothly: you focus down the road - the further the better. You are focusing on where you're going, and not where you are. Since you're focusing on where you're going instead of where you are, your efforts become more smooth and relaxed. You aren't making micro-corrections all of the time to adjust what may seem like obstructions and off course movements.

I took his advice, and my driving (most of the time) is quite smooth and workable. I've not had any sort of auto incident in years; since 1988.

Yesterday, John II and I were talking about drivers, and I re-told that story. Then, last night, I talked to Susan about the whole sales contract thing, and realizing that I love this house, and that there is a benefit in having the consciousness that things will work out just fine, and that this place isn't the be-all and end-all; there are other opportunities.

This morning, as I was meditating, it hit me - just as with driving a car, focusing on the apparent obstacles and miscues that are right here makes for unsmooth, unconfident choices and experience. Focusing further down the path brings more confidence, more opportunity, and more smoothness.

Implemented immediately.

No comments: