DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday morning in a heap of mess

Yesterday, as I said partially, I went through EVERY box, drawer, closet, and enclosed space in the apartment, looking for things that were no longer needed. In so doing, I found about 60 floppy diskettes that were repositories of old data. This morning, I'm going through each one of them, and reformatting them. I just found some grant application materials on one of them; if I'm really lucky, I'll find my hate crime grant from 2000.

The hooker is on instant messenger and working me over like I'm some addle brained wheezer. He wants me to pick him up, bring him back here, let him do some work (for money.) However, I've already paid him to do all of this for me, and gotten nothing but insults and nastiness for my assistance. He's being all sweet and semi-flirtatious. He must have needs.

Around 4:30 p.m.

I've gone through more than 100 old floppy diskettes, and moved files, reformatted, thrown out and destroyed the ones that wouldn't read. That's taken a long time. Went to the gym with Lance. Then, to lunch with CP and Lance; then back here. I need to walk up to CVS real quick; I guess I'll do that now.

After CVS

Nick's nearly in town - he just called about dinner, and said some friend of his (who was about to leave town or something) was saying that he's going to stop at that friend's house and pick up something Italian in the way of food that this guy has made for him.

Picked up lancettes for the first time in nearly a week. My BG has been creeping up again; I needed to be able to check it.

Have to sort through pictures and periodicals (that I've been in) and then I'll have everything SORTED. Hopefully, Nick can start making some progress with putting all of this stuff out on eBay and selling a bunch of it FAST.

I can then focus on making some money, and stop thinking about all this nonsense.

I'm spending part of tomorrow afternoon with Lisa after church to work on old emotional baggage. I am looking forward to that.

No comments: