DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, August 28, 2005

So church today was

So, church today was AWESOME.  We talked about the movie “Crash,” and everyone had outstanding ideas about the movie and observations about pre-judging people and situations, and about bigotry and racism.  It is so great, what we’re putting together down there.

Sending out another blast fax campaign tonight.  I want to sell at least ten books this week; forty would be better.

I have some things to write up for the church, I have homework due, I have a ton of work to do, and I just feel like .. I’m falling further and further behind.  I haven’t been this busy since before 11Sept01.  

Bought a new Treo 650 phone today.  My Palm Pilot has been broken for months, and I’m starting to have problems dealing with being away from the office and not having it.  Mikey wants to know if I’ll upgrade his phone with my cast off, but what I want to do is get him a cool new phone with a camera.

So.  Last night, Mikey and I hit the sleezebar, EJ’s.  What a night.  A 55 year old Hispanic guy invited me to pay him for sex, and was so persistent that first, Mikey tells him that Mikey has the veto authority over anyone I may have sex with, and then calls me from the next bar stool so that my phone will ring and give me a reason to ignore the hustler.  THEN ..

N8 calls, well, his PHONE calls.  A woman (in a slight huff) wants to know who I am, sending text messages to her phone.  Uh, wait a minute.  So, I assure her that the only text message I’ve sent in a few hours was to N8.  “Oh, just a minute.”  Rustle, rustle.  “Hello?”

It’s N8.  “Hey, how’s it going?  You can send messages to my phone?”  Hello, it’s 2005, right?  “I’m in Manhattan with my girlfriend.”  Girlfriend?  “blah, blah, blah, blah.”

THEN .. Michael (the Peeler, whom I just kicked to the curb) shows up.  He’s acting all .. well, peeler-y, and I ignored him.  THEN, this guy who looks like a runway model asks me if I want to pay HIM for some “trouble,” and I decide it’s time to go home.

This afternoon, I come home, natter on the internet and work on my stuff, run to Half Price Books, sell a trunk load of books for $8.00, and buy three used DVDs for $30.00.  Come home, start walking the dogs and feeling like I’m gonna DIE with this heat, and Nicole called about having dinner, which was quite fun.  Come home, start working on some website publications, and phone call after phone call.  I’m talking to Chuck about there being no Southern Decadence (on account of the likelihood of there being no New Orleans) and .. N8 calls.

Let’s talk to N8.

He’s still in NYC.  The “girlfriend” is gone, and he assures me that said girlfriend is only a ruse so that he can get free air travel.  He tells me that she was weirded out by reading my several text messages (going back two and a half weeks) on his phone, which he didn’t know were there.  He’s miffed that I’ve not been in touch.  Assured me in some weird way that the girlfriend is NOT an issue, but then asks me why I should think something between he and I is possible when we’re twenty years apart in age and I don’t help him grow out of his 20s.

At which point, I tell him “what about the emails I’ve sent detailing how we’re getting you into law school, etc.”

He says that he hasn’t received any email from me at all.  Since he left here that Monday, two weeks ago tomorrow.  He doesn’t understand that Hotmail will route people’s emails into their junk mail folder without letting them know.  He hates computers.  He hates Texas; wants to move to San Diego.  The conversation gets lighter.  Then, he has to go.  Calls back.  Has to go.

Whatever.  He’s back on Tuesday.

Anyway, having my teeth cleaned in the morning, then working on the stack of work I planned on completing today and didn’t get to.

No comments: