DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, September 02, 2005

Thursday all day

An interesting day, all around.  I’m waiting on Joel to come over; he needs some help setting up a business, and he’s promised he was on his way.  Of course, he may get distracted by nearly anything, especially something looking like a crack pipe, so who knows where he is.

I finally got some documents in today for a client that I’ve been waiting for a week; he’s stopped asking about them (hey, if the state can’t get them to me, what can I do about it?)  Had a business development meeting today with a guy who has clients that are involved in this latest real estate scam – in which people “buy” a home from someone in distress, they put the deed in the name of a trust, in which the person getting the check takes a very minority interest as a beneficiary, and then the person getting the cash (seller) occupies the house as a tenant, paying rent with the understanding that, when the rent is paid on time for a year, they will be able to refinance (at a huge markup) and get the house back in their name.

Of course, the idea is to evict the person without value as soon as they make a late rent payment.

Ah, here’s Joel.

Later

Watched a movie that the minx insisted was terrific; he was, of course, correct.  Upstairs, they’re working on driving me fucking crazy with the rumbling back and forth across the floor.  The townhouse that I love so much appears to indeed be available yet, as it’s not got window blinds or other accoutrements that suggest occupancy.  And, after listening to the bastard dogs upstairs for yet another night, I’M READY TO BE A HOMEOWNER AND GET THE F*%CK out of here.

My dad has an infection in his lungs.  They had their first offer on their house today; 115M lower than the asking price.  They rejected it.  They’re leaving for the Yucatan tomorrow for two weeks; my sister and her partner are joining them there on Saturday.

Bully for them.

Later

I wonder what happened to that nice couple I met at Mardi Gras over on Canal Street during the Endymion parade.  They were from Slidell.  They were both cute; I had almost talked the wife into trading me her husband for my mardi gras beads.  I hope they’re all right; they have my number.  Hmmm.

Okay, it’s time for sleep now.

No comments: