DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday after Friday after Thursday after Wednesday after Foreclosure Day

Cloudy and overcast. Tyson's in the backyard having a great time running around. John II and his friend from high school are hanging out in the living room, and they're a hoot. Not the kind of hoot that I would want to join into, but a hoot to listen to.

Went with Bram to his company Christmas party last night. It was held at the Great Caruso, and they put on their "Christmas" show, which was just slightly south of dreadful. I don't want to impugne their musical skills, but the Salvation Army band's intermission performance was far superior, musically, to that of the ensemble. Their performance seemed less than enthusiastic, and two of them had noticeable pitch issues. The food there, as is customary, is average, and the facility is gorgeous.

Overall, I found myself wondering why Bram was smiling and enjoying himself. Was I that jaded and judgmental? The whole thing just grated on me; worse than a junior high school pageant. We got home around 9:15 and I put in the CD for the CPH Christmas show I organized - it wasn't me, Bram was then just astonished at how bad the performance we'd just seen had been.

The mutts are racing around the backyard, curious about Tyson's presence, and wondering where he is. Barney's peed about six quarts, trying to cover over Tyson's tracks.

I set up the Christmas train that, technically speaking, my father gave me for Christmas. I love eBay. It's just great - except that there's no Christmas tree for it to run around.

Next year, I'm closely following the new rule - don't buy it until you're sure it's indespensible. As in, life cannot continue without it. And, I'm having a post-Christmas clearance sale that's going to be based on the same principle.

The train, though, is lots of fun.

I have three different parties to go to tonight, all over different parts of town. I need to clean up Scarlet (or should she be Scarlett with two "t"s?) Her wheels are dirty.

It looks like rain today.

Working the laundry angle, and the cleaning things up angle, and .. all that sort of thing. I think I'll see if the Christmas train fits in front of the dining windows, running around the little aluminum tree in front of the window.

No comments: