DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Thoughts on waking up WAY too early

So, what is it that you can accomplish when you get up at 4:30 in the morning? You can fold the laundry, scrub the three months of tree sap and hunk off of the windshield, clean the inside of the car windows, wash the car, read all the email, the newspaper, the political blogs, watch your room mate come in from a late night sex date, get ready for work, leave for work early enough to arrive at 8:30 and start without having a back log of morning stuff to accomplish.

I love the new cube. The bright paint is fabulous, the layout is so much better, and it’s already attracting people – they come in and hang out with me again – it’s like the old days. Tomorrow morning, I’m going to bring in more stuff, more stuff, some stuff and some more stuff. Pretty soon, it’ll be just like home.

I got out ALL the rest of my announcements; tomorrow, I start working on Christmas cards and tax season announcements. People will be inundated with mail from me this season, I’m guessing.

I drove in to work this morning on the Katy Freeway. Let me repeat that, I DROVE on the Katy Freeway. I didn’t SIT on the Katy Freeway. It was quite the experience.

I also had fun today configuring my OnStar for the new automobile. More about the NAME for the new automobile in a minute. I re-set the oil monitor, figured out which version of the OnStar hardware I had, went to the website and downloaded a user’s manual, configured my most regular trip routes (to work, to New Vision, to the airport) for traffic reports, and set up my favorite ten airline stocks for stock quotes. What a HOOT. I’m loving the idea of using the OnStar for my hands-free telephone, which will require that I switch to Verizon service. My Sprink contract is up for expiration in a week or so, and I’ll have to pre-pay a year’s OnStar and sign up with Verizon for a year. I’ll drop my Sprint bill down to just a data card at that point, and see if I can keep my new Verizon account near what my current Sprint bill would be.

As Guy says, OnStar makes me horny.

I still have to add in all of my telephone numbers that I call regularly from the car into the system. If I get the Verizon service, I wouldn’t need to mount the Treo on the dashboard as I had it in the Buick. I’m also using the Treo while driving MUCH less. Like almost not at all, which is better.

Thank GOD tonight is Tom Time. I already warned him that he may need to use the jackhammer and chisel. Tomorrow, I also have a head rotation appointment with Dr. Rick.

Class tonight went great. Now, we’ve got our church board meeting going on. We’ll see how long this goes on, probably not past 8:30.

Not going to Dallas this weekend; Larry needs some recovery time, so can’t host me for recovery time. I guess it’s important that I be at home all weekend; Bram is doing training on the other end of the county this weekend; John has his friend Chad coming in from Michigan for the weekend. So, it’s either going to be pandemonium or it’s going to be solitary. I have enough accounting work to catch up on this weekend to keep me quite busy.

I’m wondering whether my feeling so crappy is a sinus thing. I’m thinking that could be the dizzy, headache, queasy, fuzzy feeling that I’ve been suffering from.

The weather bouncing up and down isn’t helping.

Bought a ticket to fly to Fort Myers for Christmas. I’ll be staying with my Aunt Liz; that will be great. She’s so much fun – by then, I’ll have my Sprint data card working, and can connect all around the country. Since I’ve dropped twenty pounds since my Dad’s birthday, that will give me a little breathing room.

After this week, I’ll have everything caught up with the old clients and will only have the mortgage work in front of me.

I’m really thinking about all the stuff I have. If I have to move, I think it’s REALLY time for a deep clearance sale – antiques, glassware that is never used, music, videos, DVDs, books.. I’ve already disposed of all of the clothing that didn’t fit (and was so old that it would look funny if I wore it.) I’m thinking of scanning in financial records as they come in and disposing of all of the paper; then storing it all on a DVD year by year. That would be a good end of year project, I guess – scan in the financial records that are left and then dispose of the paper files, which would reduce stored paper by one whole closet.

I’m liking the getting to work before everyone else again. Some of it feels sanctimonious; getting up and out before the youth in the house allows me to make them wrong for being so focused on partying and not working – Bram, of course, works about nine hundred hours a week, but I still get to revel in the feeling every morning.

It seems that this board meeting is quickly drawing to a close. Very cool.

Now, on to the naming of the new car. The ideas:

1. Bess (as in “Bess, you is my woman now.”)
2. Scarlett (as in “Frankly, Scarlett, I don’t give a damn.” Plus, the car is candy apple red)
3. Candie (it’s candy apple red, after all)
4. Bonnie (too simple – it’s a Bonneville)
5. Ruby II (harmonious with Ruby Tuesday – the alternative is Ruby Ruby)

So – vote! If you have other suggestions, make ‘em. Just click on that comment link right there (points.)

No comments: