DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday, Monday ... ver. "heck, I don't know."

Interesting day.

Drove in with the intention of being at the office by 8:00; well, you have to leave in plenty of time to make it there. However, leaving by 7:30 does provide one with a smoother traffic experience than does 8:30. It took me only 30 minutes to get to the office, even though I took the Katy.

Got to the office, set up my computer in the cube I half-occupy, then had to run to the doctor's office (doctor #1) for labwork. They actually a.) had the appointment booked correctly, b.) didn't ask me to pay again. They had a new, contract phlebotomist, who nabbed my blood sample without physical detection (how awesome was that?) and I was back at the office at 9:45.

Had a loan client at 10:15, which barely gave me enough time to drink a jug o'joe and have some oatmeal. I barely finished up with him and Chuck was ready for lunch.

I asked if we could drop off the new car at NTB to have the wheels balanced; Chuck agreed to follow me up there. Which we did. Except that Chuck's car also needed some work. So, we went across the street to Nit Noy for lunch. It took NTB two hours and twenty minutes to perform the four wheel balance/rotation that they said would take thirty minutes. Of course, when you pull the wheel off, set the tire/wheel on the ground and then make a call on your cell phone, then go talk to another employeee, then come back and make another phone call, then go pick up the unmounted wheel/tire and walk it over to the balancing machine, then make ANOTHER cell phone call, then attach the wheel/tire to the balancing machine, then make ANOTHER cell phone call, then have to re-run the machine to get the reading, then make ANOTHER cell phone call, then put a weight on the inside of the wheel, then set the machine to run and make ANOTHER cell phone call, then have to run the machine again, then make ANOTHER cell phone call, then unmount the wheel and set it on the ground, then vanish for ten minutes, then ..

I can understand why it takes so long. Of course, at $12/wheel, they're not burning up the profit center. I must say that she rides infinitely better, but this is the same shop that replaced Ruby's Dexcool II with plain radiator fluid and then looked at me with a blank stare.

Not that Ruby's radiator had huge warning stickers advising that adding plain radiator fluid would cause the planets to revolve backwards in their orbits and all life over eight pounds on earth to die or anything. Or that every GM car since 1938 has used Dexcool, as do all VW and Audi cars. And Ford cars, although they call theirs something different.

So, at 3:15, we trundled back to the office, me with my jug o' sugar free coffee creamer. We had a meeting with John about our web marketing, and I just did NOT want to be involved in the money conversation. It's not MY money, after all, and anything that I suggested wouldn't bind John, so why should I sit there making deals he can change after the fact? I've learned these things. I went to my half-cube, which isn't my cube cube because I can't get the desk moved from home nor get the cube itself re-arranged by myself, and I worked on the loan application from earlier.

Then, things got weirder. The client I was to meet for dinner went AWOL, the calls started rolling in, and I just wanted to go home and be quiet. That was clearly not happening. So, I made an arrangement to meet at the Dot Cafe at 6:00, and headed out by way of the UPS store. I'm loving this car. It's so fabulous.

Dinner at the Dot, and then I started heading home. John II had moved the Imperial out of the garage for me, and when I pulled into the driveway, I tried to program my homelink transmitter, but ran into the same problem that we had trying to program Bram's homelink. Bleh. At least it's in the garage tonight.

John II and his friend were hanging out and waiting for female companionship, and I was just wanting PEACE AND QUIET. They left quickly, though, and that was achieved for a short time.

Today's resolutions: Starting Jan 1, I'm charging a fee for practitioner counseling. And, I'm not taking counseling telephone calls during work hours.

So, now it's 10:30, and I feel like crap. I'm going to go to bed now, with the intention of spending foreclosure day at the office being productive. John II swears he's going to the office with me in the morning, and ten bucks says he doesn't get in from his outing tonight until well after the time that he'll be able to be up and functional in the morning.

Who can I find to help me move this stuff around? Maybe it will be revealed for me tomorrow.

No comments: