DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Foreclosure Tuesday

It happens every month in Texas - the first Tuesday of every month in every county in the state. Property which has been seized by local sheriffs for debt repayment, county tax authorities, judgment liens and, largely, all of the lenders who have declared their real estate loans in default, have tried to work with the borrowers for months to get caught up, and have finally decided to take action against the property itself to secure repayment of some portion of the debt.

Between 10 and 4 today, at the Harris County Family Law Center, a swarm of trustees and lawyers will be quietly reading the foreclosure notices, with buyers milling about, wanting to buy properties that they have seen on the public posting notices at least three weeks earlier. These buyers are looking for bargains, and in Harris County, the reputation for being able to find a cheap purchase at auction has now been replaced with a reality that the foreclosure auctions are a much better deal for the lender than for the buyer.

And, sometime today before noon, Mitchell will cease to own the house I've been living in.

Last night, I had to give this some thought. I went to bed, after achieving some sort of peace (and having to turn off the oven, because Bram went outside and stayed outside for 40 minutes rather than putting his pizza in the oven.) That got me about 20 minutes of sleep before John II's group came back in from the bar, thundering around upstairs like a stadium evacuation. With guitars. The was about the time that I awoke with some SERIOUS anxiety (remember last Wednesday?) I was processing how I was feeling, associating it with when I was five, and came home from Kindergarten and found that the moving van and my parents were gone. I was standing out in front of the house - and everyone was gone. What was I going to do now?

THAT'S how I was feeling. "What am I going to do now?" As in "I'm totally screwed, there's nothing left."

Repeating pattern. Good lord.

Looking at some other places tomorrow as a backup.

John II came and helped me move fully into my new cube. It's three times the size, has a window, has me facing people coming IN, and has much nicer colors on the walls.

Tomorrow, I have a whole lot to get done. This means early to bed tonight, so that I can leave for work early enough to get in a day's work before I have to go to Clear Lake for class and the board meeting.

I'm waffling on whether I should go to Dallas this weekend.

N8 is in town this week. He is talking about wanting to get together Thursday night. It sounds like another opportunity for him to get REALLY drunk and then accuse me of hitting on him again.

Again tonight I feel like crap. Watching this REALLY cute movie with the actor who was "Vlad" in "CAMP." He's so cute.

I'm loving the new car. LOVING the new car. LOVING. Oh my GOD.

No comments: