DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday post-haste

So, I decided this morning I wanted to buy some hanging baskets for the patio and breezeway area - part of my uniform spruce up of the place here. I had that lunch with Tom down in the gayborhood planned, so I asked him if he wanted to go with me to Kroguuuuurl to see if they had anything (it being time to sell stuff El Cheap.) Off we motored, and they had some very sorry looking plants marked $5/each. Three of them were hanging baskets with viney things and little red flowers thereon (I'm not a plant person.) Tom thought that they were okay, but not great, and that they'd be great for the breezeway, so in we trundled with these three hangers filling the shopping trolley.

At the cashier, naturally, none of the hanging baskets were labelled, so the cashier asked for the floral manager, who came over - looked quickly at the baskets and prounounced "Two bucks for all three." The cashier was incredulous. Two apiece? No, two for everything.

Okay then!

They're not occuping space in the breezeway, and I'll be potting up some of the ivy in one of my unused pots here shortly.

Now, I need two more hanging pots for the breezeway, a hanging baskety thing for the front stoop, and something big and tall for the last big clay pot on the patio.

And something to keep the dogs out of the flower beds on the patio. Like maybe rattlesnakes.

I actually cleaned Ruby up this afternoon after driving home in a light rain. That I hadn't done in eons. I stuck a piece of velcro in between the door trim panel and the door structure to keep it from squeaking, and that seems to have worked like a charm.

These are all good things.

I think tomorrow that I'm going to have to break down and buy a better wireless router. This one keeps cutting in and out, and has the kind of signal stream that a 90 year old man with a prostate problem would have.

I've just spent the better part of an hour digging around looking for more pictures of Hitler's airplane. I found some interior photos of it, but no exterior photos. I did find ONE model of it (pre-war) online, but it's 129 POUNDS (Sterling.)

Oh, and I've fallen in love. Again. With another car. When I began to speak to Guy about it, he queued up the "Divo car shopping music," which he then sent to me. It was a SCREAM. I'm trying to load the pictures and music into my Treo, but I'll post the pictures here in a second.

I need to go downstairs, through the sheets in the dryer and make some soup for dinner.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

You are nesting big time. I love it. I will check out your site if I can find it again for the car. I think I am just going to have to come see this house sometime. I am so glad for you.