DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hump day - links, and other fun stuff

First, let's start off with some really fun links -

This one is a link to a Discovery channel quiz to test your knowledge about natural disasters. About twenty questions, it had a few stumpers (for me, anyway.)

Next, we have a fabulously tongue in cheek video of how Airbus is trying to respond to Boeing's new 787 "Dreamliner." This was NOT produced by Boeing, but I'm sure that they don't mind a bit.

Last night, I came across this one - sticking with my aviation theme for the moment - a series of short clips, combined into a video with music honoring the Boeing 777 - the video calls it the world's favorite airliner - you can dispute that if you choose, but it's MY favorite airliner. Near the end, you get some fabulous video of my FAVORITE favorite airliner - Continental's ship 014 - the Peter Max, and the final shot in the video, taken of a triple landing over the lights at dusk, is also of a Continental Triple 7.

Spent three HOURS at Legacy Health (formerly known as the Montrose Clinic) today - had a 9:30 appointment; they saw me at 10:00, then, I had to wait until 11:00 to talk to the STD/HIV counselor since I had asked that they do a STD/HIV screen while they were drawing blood (more effective use of available funds, you know) and then an hour from that until the tech drew my blood. This is the cost of not having health insurance. I should be thankful that it only took that long. If I followed the "advice" of some of my friends, I should just go to Ben Taub's emergency room for general care and "not pay for it." As a non-critical case, I would sit there for a day or better, and then get a bill for the service.

I was actually "advised" to "just give a fake name, like the illegals do."

Hm. Felony? Sure, why not?

I keep having stuff added to my huge "please get this done last week" pile. I guess that's good - it pays way better than not having anything to do, and I've surely been driving THAT bus since my job with Psycho Judy came to an end nearly five years ago.

Have to get ready for a conference call in twenty minutes. And then, back to pulling on my oar. More later.

2 comments:

annalista said...

Thanks for updating the NV website with the info for August and September--now I have work to do!--Ann

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Cool...glad you are taking care of "stuff". I hear you about Ben Taub. Why not? It is just waiting a day for treatment that is a bummer. My daughter has no health care though she is looking into Unicare for $171 a month. My girl friend in San Miguel has had Unicare for years and found it good.