DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I've never ...

I've never had a bird feeder before. Well, I've had this one now for four months, but I've never filled it with bird seed before this morning. I didn't put out a little billboard saying "Free Bird Seed," but I did clean it up and fill it when I fed the dogs.

By this afternoon, the backyard was swarmed with birds. By 7:00 tonight, the bird feeder had attracted blue jays. By 7:30, they were all gone, and the bird seed was too.

Just for fun, I cooked up some hummingbird food, filled the hummingbird feeder, and re-filled the bird feeder. I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow to watch the commotion.

Filled up a planter box with potting soil, and planted some cuttings from the MANY ivy plants - then, set it up on the ledge so that the ivy can start growing up into the lattice.

Have you any idea that I've NEVER thought about plants in my life?

That would be - NEVER.

Anyway, I have been tending to the hanging baskets (which are looking better) and the dogs keep expecting that maybe they'll get some attention out of all of this. Fat chance.

I think that tomorrow, in addition to buying a new wireless router, I'm going to see if I can find some of the plants that are on the list published in today's Chronicle - plants that attract butterflies.

Nicole, this is ALL YOUR FAULT! You gave me that gorgeous Hibiscus, and it's been so beautiful, flowering every couple of weeks, that it gave me ideas. You have only yourself to blame.

And, thanks, by the way, again. Wow.

Let's see if I can nab some of the pictures I took today from my phone and post them.

No comments: