DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday trials

Yeah, well - I wrote in this WHOLE long entry for today, and then .. firefox just .. shuts down. Third time today.

That's my life this week so far.

Ruby's butt cost $95 to fix - the repair shop, however, wanted to do $500 in additional work, telling me I had an oil pan gasket leak (but there's no oil on the garage floor) that the brake lines and power steering pump needed to be flushed and filled, and that the coolant needed to be flushed and filled. Since I just went through the most Royal of all screwings on the flushing and filling just back in September and then had the water pump replaced (and the engine torn down, with the coolant replaced) in October, I didn't feel like their advice was sound. In fact, I pretty much think they're a rip-off operation. And, they didn't give me the $25 coupon that I had received in the mail as an inducement to come do business with them in the first place.

On the phone, I got to listen to them shuck and jive about how they didn't try to screw me on the shocks, after all - they could have tried to drill me for $400 there.

Funny, but ..

Anyway.

This morning, I awoke to six huge dog turds in the middle of Lake Urine - and, of course, several people are TAKING THE DOG'S SIDE. Uh, thanks. Fourteen years of waste terrorism by that little bastard, but it's because I treat them badly and should pamper them more.

Screw that.

And, two clients' checks are coming BACK to me in my account tonight. Lovely. That should only cost about $160 in charge back fees.

So, I am actively trying to get in touch with EITHER of the recruiters that have an interest in me, but the first one left a message with his mouth full, and I couldn't get his phone number down - the second one is apparently in the custody of the Shi'ite terrorists in Baghdad, and won't be available for several more days.

Either way, I need to get away from "betting on the come," and into "you'll have $X.XX deposited into your account on the 1st and 15th."

Going to Jeffrey and Steven's for dinner here in a few minutes. Cleaned up the dining room today. It looks a ton better, even with no table, the bed and dresser up against the wall, and the huge sheet rock hole in the ceiling.

No comments: