DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hump day speedbumps

I don’t know why, but it’s so much easier for me to write these posts using Word than typing them into a browser window.

Today started off ruggedly.   My dad backed off of his promise to send me some money after selling his house in Florida for a half million clear.  I couldn’t reach my mortgage broker to get a check from him that was due today, and I couldn’t email or reach someone at Chase about the rapacious fees they socked me with yesterday for my client’s $200 check bouncing on me the day before.  

So, after mentally throwing in the towel, and realizing that I’d be much happier if I generated my own money rather than having some of my dad’s, I reached the broker, talked to Jeffrey about retrieving my big man bag (which I had left at his place the night before,) and started my circle of errands with my lower lip tucked into my waist band.

Ran errands, feeling quite sorry for myself, and met up with Chuck for lunch.  Came home,helped him with some things, then had the ugly realization that it was nearly 3:00 and I hadn’t yet produced any WORK.  The phone had begun to ring, and I had just a few hours to crank out something productive.  I did make some progress on the inter-asian land purchase transaction – I think I may actually have this one in the bag before the client leaves for a month long vacation to Cambodia.  That’s a shocker.  

Didn’t make ANY progress on my term papers, nor the reading I have to have done for tomorrow night.  

Was going to have dinner with Michael; he wandered off at around 5:00 and said “call me.”  I did, and heard nothing further from him until 7:30, at which time I told him that he had missed his window of opportunity.  Travis, the marvelously sexually ambiguous and likely married doctor called, sounding VERY low tonight, and wanted to “get together” tomorrow night.  I called him back after telling Michael that his time was passed, and he came by around 9:15 tonight.  WOW.

I’ve known Travis about two years now, and he’s never been particularly sexually involved, even when we were going out fairly regularly.  The last two weeks though has signalled a huge shift.  Tonight, he fairly jumped on me.  I was .. shocked?  Flattered?

I’ve always really liked Travis - aside from the fact that he's a proto-nazi, right wing Christian bigot.  He’s smart, he’s funny, he’s beautiful, and no one fills out a pair of Dockers quite as well as he does.

Tomorrow is a hugely busy day for me.  Fortunately, it should start off with some good news from Chase – the officer on my account was SO nice to me today.  Then, some quick work on the inter-asian loan file, and then a TON of sorting through records, trying to make heads or tails of this corporate accounting mess.

And, of course, the reading, terms papers and other preparation for class, which starts up tomorrow.

No comments: