DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, May 04, 2006

and open letter to the senators of Texas

I will appreciate Senator Hutichison's (possible) letter acknowledging my communication but telling me that this horrific bill will save health insurance, and save millions of lives. Her letter will assure me that this is a good bill.

Senator Cornyn, however, won't acknoweldge even that I wrote. In his whole term of office, he has never once acknowledged any of my constituent communications. His staff, at least, has been respectful on the telephone. Senator Hutichison's staff are openly derisive over the telephone unless you're calling in from the Southern Baptist Convention, or "White People in Partnership for Christ and Corporations."

I think that you two should start being honest with the American people, those citizens of the State of Texas who believe that you are their elected representatives to the United States Senate. I think that you two should each acknowledge that you serve only the interests of those corporations and persons who can pay you enough.

You could start by proposing to do away with these pesky and ridiculous general elections, and just have a fund raising campaign. He or she who raises the most money from interest groups wins the next term of office.

That would bring integrity to this government.

No comments: