DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday evening

Well, today's been a good day indeed. Church this morning was great. We had Rev. Al Reed come speak, and he was just AWESOME. After church was over and we'd thrown everyone OUT, Rosita, Lisa and I walked the shopping center to check out other space we could lease for our group - and found the PERFECT spot just up the way. It's gorgeous, it's just the right size, it's vacant - it would only require that we dust and do some window cleaning before moving our things inside. It's big enough that it would work for us for the expected future. Everything about it just sings that it's the exact place for us to be.

Drove home, did some fiddling around. Nick came home from visiting a friend, and we hung out a little while. He spent some time listing stuff on eBay, and my dog walker stopped by - she has a bunch of stuff SHE wants him to list on eBay - it's like he has the makings for an eBay consignment store of his own here already.

He and I are starting to get along really great - the initial mis-steps seem to be working out. He is a sweetheart, and I really do like having him here. He's good company and he's so FUNNY. And fun. I wish I had more space for him to have his own room and his own "area," we'll see what develops over the next 90 days.

Ruby is in need of some work on her front suspension right away - I think I have a broken tie rod. Blarg. I need to spend more money on it? I'm concerned about the engine and transmission, too. The engine isn't running as smoothly as I'd like or remember. She also needs a full on detail - again.

This week is going to be spent getting organized for December. I have more books to sell tomorrow. Have tax files to organize for 2005. Have to close out the three busted loan files. Need to talk to my sponsoring mortgage broker. Need to bake four pumpkin pies.

Mikey is cooking on Thursday; Curt, Nick and I will be heading over there for Cajun red beans and rice. A nice change from the usual. Hopefully, next weekend, Larry and Kent will be coming down from Dallas.

Michael (formerly known as the hooker) was very disturbed with me last night - he wanted to hang out, and since I didn't hear from him all day I just made other plans. He got with me around 45 minutes before he said he wanted to get together - and was then unhappy. Well - whatever, Mary Francis.

Okay, Christmas is just getting to be TOO intrusive. TOO intrusive.

Had a dream about Michael (the other one - formerly known as "the Married Man" last night.) It was quite some dream. Wow. I hope to be able to talk to him tomorrow.

No comments: