DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday evening after coming home from Big D

And little everything else.

A very nice day. We had fun hanging out, talking to each other, and then going over to Lucky's for dinner. Then, off to home in Curt's SportTrac. Nick did the driving today. We made it home in just over four hours, including stopping for gas.

Fortunately, after a short while, I was able to get them to turn DOWN the bass boost and the volume. We listened to retro disco all the way back, which was a nice change from the hip hop on the way up.

Came home, and checked out the Phaeton online. Oh MY. I think that I have to have one.

Tonight, it occured to me what that car is like. It's a toy store for gadget freaks, carried on a magic carpet, propelled by a locomotive, contained in a soundproof booth, and assembled by elves.

I read some articles about it today - the best factory car stereo in the business. Better than the Mercedes S500. Kudos, acclimations, nothing but accolades.

Nick mentioned tonight as he was driving us home that he didn't want to go home on Wednesday. I told him we had a LOT of things to talk about before that was possible, but that it was possible. Now, he's off with Ruby visiting his lesbionic friend and watching "Desperate Housewives," which turns out to be a re-run. I hope that they're not out getting their drink on. With Ruby. Yep. Nope.

Maybe tomorrow, he can get Ruby's car stereo working again. Soon. Ruby also need some tie rods, and her motor is still not running as smoothly as it once was.

Have a ton of work to do tomorrow and Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll get there. Then, later in the week, I plan to make sales calls regarding my book.

I guess that's it. Tonight's burning question is .. will Nick come home at any time that bears a relationship to what he said to expect?

No comments: