DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday - is it raining or sunny?

Or both? How many videos can one watch in one weekend?

We're wondering when or if the Comcastic technician is going to show up. Ah, he has just called. So, I advise Bram and .. Bram ensures that we get internetic. Or not.

There was a neighbor's non-secure wireless network that has been available from time to time - with about a single signal bar. Fun stuff. Hopefully, I'll be frustrating the neighborhood soon with big bad signal, totally locked down.

Just was amused a minute ago, responding to a potential client on guru.com. He's been pestering me since February. He wants 25 articles, 750 words in length, on various gay oriented subjects he has defined. He wants to pay $125 for the articles in toto. $.00666 per word. Back in March, when I found out that it was a for-profit web based naughty lingerie website he wanted these articles for. I said no. He has asked over and over - most times as if he didn't remember that we had talked. This morning, there was another message from him asking me why I kept sending him back messages saying that I wasn't interested.

Uh - which part of this is unequivocal?

Today, I replied by quoting him $75 per article, or $.10 per word. Hopefully, that will shut him down.

Reading, reading, reading about the various shenanigans in Washington and elsewhere. I'm feeling increasingly that there's a probability that the conservatives, especially those with fundamentalist religious ties, will be swept out of office come 2008. People (not here in Houston, except for the 16 of us that are "liberals") are fully aware that the Republicans are lock step with the President, and they don't like anything that they're seeing. The tax cuts - not working. People are increasingly frightened and insecure financially. The war? Don't get me started. Health care? That issue belongs in the ER.

I think that people are going to reflect on the promises of those who have governed us since 1994 (and don't be handing me that Bill Clinton hooey. He was no more liberal than was Dwight Eisenhower) and realize that it was all bunk.

"Politics is just like driving - you put it in "R" for reverse and "D" for forward.

No comments: