DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So, I did the presentation. Interesting who didn't show up. One could almost have predicted it. It's like Sunday presentations - the ones who would most benefit are the ones I can almost predict won't show up.

Well, focus on the ones who are interested, I guess.

Assembling some research and resources to develop some better online marketing. This means, I suppose, that I should get my own website content fixed up. Bleh.

in·san·i·ty Pronunciation: in-'sa-n&-tE noun
Current mood: aggravated
Category: Life

1 : a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)
2 : such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

Of late, a colloquial definition of insanity has been going around - "doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result."

I'd say that new phrase neatly fits the dictionary definition, especially as espoused in part 3a and 3b.

I was listening to XM 154 this morning, which is an all Canadian stand up comedy channel. There was a guy carrying on about dating women, which he compared to laying down on the railroad tracks before an oncoming train - his friends all try to persuade him to get off the tracks, and he swears "I KNOW THIS TRAIN IS DIFFERENT."

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

No comments: