DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, May 25, 2007

Guest lecturer

So, I met up with a client today, delivered some tax returns and had a very nice lunch. Then, to Nicole's grandmother's house, where we loaded up her old TV (that I bought from her) and checked out the myriad cool kitschy things that are there - lamps, tables, desks, bars, etc. Fun stuff. I want to haul most of it over here, clean it up, photograph it and sell it on eBay/CL.

Today, while finishing those tax returns, I had the most amusing call from the head of the ministerial college in Dallas. Well, she asked how things were going, and how the church was going, and what's changed - so I told her. It was fabulous - she said she was going to make some calls. I told her that I was unwilling to have another confrontational discussion with the minister from Phoenix, and that I was only open to communication with him if it was faciliated.

GUESS who started calling me only two hours later? Yep. Rev. Phoenix. Called four times today. VERY upset, and sounding like he was ready to jump into my shit with both feet again. The first time he called, I was in traffic on the west loop - saw that the phone was ringing, and was GOING to answer it but it went to voice mail before I had a chance to mentally process what the number may have meant. Then, while I was unloading the car with Bram and cleaning up the upstairs (we moved the furniture in the guest room all around, and the furniture in HIS room all around) Rev. P called again. Well, hell, the phone was downstairs in the charger at that point, and I was either moving a bed with Bram or vacuuming or something. He called twice after 6:00 p.m., at which point the "I don't answer the phone after 6:00 p.m." rule kicks in, and .. sorry, Charlie.

Nicole's got a FABULOUS iron outside round table and four matching chairs that can come live on my courtyard on Monday - she also had a really cool Edwardian goddess bird bath that's about four feet high that's now occupying space in the courtyard corner. Pictures tomorrow.

I put the luggage, the foldaway cot and some other stuff in another closet from my bedroom closet - gradually creating some room there. This weekend, Matticia has promised to help me eBayize the closet.

It's just so quiet in here right now - the birds and the traffic, and my great-grand uncle's 1920s clock ticking on the mantle. Lovely stuff.

The neighbor lady (who's at least a hundred and ten) truly no longer greets me. The only thing that has happened is that her daughter (my next door neighbor) caught on that I'm no fan of Geo. W and Dick. So, I guess that makes me a non-person here in the neighborhood.

I think it's time to throw a big gay party, with male strippers as cocktail waiters and valet attendants!!

Maybe the two smoking hot 30 year olds who live eight doors down will wander down to check out what's going on.

No comments: