DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My little note to David Taylor Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac/GMC/Hummer

I'm curious to know something.

Today, I brought my 2005 Bonneville GXP to the dealership for warranty
service. My complaints were faulty sunroof seal, repair rear armrest
cupholder, low coolant warning when coolant isn't low and a binding
noise/feeling in the front transaxle.

Your service department was unable to evaluate the car for the coolant
warning or the transaxle, and the cupholder part had to be ordered.

Therefore, the only service work done on the car was to adjust my
sunroof.

Why, then, was it necessary or appropriate for your service technicians
or staff to adjust and re-set my seat, mirror and climate control memory
settings? I could understand them changing the settings (well,
actually, no I can't, but it's endemic to the process of taking one's
car in for service) but, to RESET the memory?

Further, why, when only adjusting the sunroof, was it necessary to
adjust the dash lighting to full brightness instead of leaving it where
it was set when I dropped the car off?

Is this what I should expect when trading with David Taylor? I have to
spend time sitting in the service drive re-setting all of my memory
settings to that which was comfortable for me?

This is the most insane experience I've ever had at a GM dealer. I've
been ignored, told nothing was wrong with my car, left without a car for
a week while no work was done on it, given back a car that had body
damage, had trim broken, been lied to and treated like my business had
no value by the service staff, the dealer management and Pontiac Motor
Division, but .. was someone planning on taking my car home to drive around?

I learned this morning that your dealership doesn't receive messages
through this web service. Yesterday, I set up an appointment, including
listing the complaints I wished to have addressed under warrant through
this site only to find that .. David Taylor doesn't actually RECEIVE
these communications. So, I'll do you all the courtesy of copying this
message out, and faxing it to you in the morning.

No comments: