DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hump Day developments

So, I busted Brian today - Brian the "pool boy," whom I have referred cleaning clients to, he who talked to me for a few weeks about moving in and being my room mate when he came to town, but who bailed on me upon arriving here. He who was paid to be the "pool boy," and spent the time hanging out chatting up the guests and being the center of attention. Yeah, that worked out for me.

Here's our little conversation:

DrDivo: So, I have a direct question - if you're not interested in being social with me, will you please say so - I don't like asking you to spend time with me if it's not something you're interested in.

gaysportnut: any big plans for the weekend

gaysportnut: I never said that....I have been busy

DrDivo: we've had plans to be social three times in the last month, and each time you've just failed to show. So, that's why I'm asking. Having grown up in the midwest, I understand how communication works. "I never said that" means "yes, you're right but I'm trying to be polite and not say something hurtful.' So I have my answer. My stepmother talks EXACTLY the same way.

gaysportnut: fine sorry you took it that way

DrDivo: well, what am I supposed to think? You blew me off for dinner and didn't communicate with me about it BUT asked one of my friends out before replying to my email asking you what happened. I just feel like a clueless

DrDivo: idiot for having asked you to hang out with me at all

gaysportnut: I didn't ask any of your friends out to dinner

DrDivo: Okay, whatever

gaysportnut: and when did I blow you off for dinner

DrDivo: Thursday, last week, we had plans.

DrDivo: no call, no email, no show. Third time.

gaysportnut: I asked Tommy to dinner like 4 weeks ago....I didn't ask anyone else or ask him again

DrDivo: okay, whatever


Notice that he NEVER said that he wanted to be friends, or that he wanted to actually keep those social appointments, or that he wanted to reschedule.

It's not just what someone SAYS - it's what they DON'T say. And, the old adage - actions speak louder than words - that one is true.

Now, on to other topics.

Got my auto registration in the mail today, that seems to require a rocket scientist to install. "Don't do this, do do that." Yeep. I need to go put it in, actually, and head out to Clear Lake.

Whoops - can't write that - big eyes reads this, and he loves trying to get me into trouble if he detects any sign of anything he can remotely complain to the authorities about. Not that anything's ever turned out for him.

Talked (briefly) with secret agent man this afternoon. He wants to "keep things simple." I guess that means, "I'll email when I need you."

Bleh. Men suck.

Talked to TWO nice men today about them becoming room mates.

I need to buy some more copy paper. I'm outtie. Well, it's time to head out .. what WOULD I do with a five and a half foot musuem model of the RMS Titanic, anyway? And, would it FIT into my built-in?

No comments: