DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday spent

Such a wonderful day today - the weather was glorious. Wow. Up and over to Debby's for a study session, then met David for lunch, then we went out to look at the new car. Then, back to meet with Tom to talk about the websites, and home. I was gone from 9 this morning until 6:30. Got home, and I was too pooped to pop.

I don't think I've moved from the sofa since I got home.

My dad's fax machine showed up today. That's good, since mine is about as reliable as a man who's agreed to go out on a date. I haven't opened up the box yet, but it looks as if they were using it for a 1970's Samsonite commercial.

This movie I've rented is very cute - Mark Ruffalo is the male star. He's just so dreamy.

Talked to Tom tonight about cutting back all of the overhead costs for the reunion so as to bring the cost down. I think that I need to start marketing those reunion web templates next week, and set up my first date to hold a mortgage broker class and start marketing it. Something for Babs to do on Monday. Well, all next week.

I was telling David today that either this non-profit job needs to work out soon, or I need to start working a lot harder.. I guess it's b.) for now.

Seeing that car today gave me a real sense of happiness. I'm wrestling with CP's having told me last night that I don't do anything fun. Of course, he was drunk (as he is always) when he was slagging me. But, still - I listened to Jeffrey talking about going to COS this weekend, and HNL and OGG this fall, and .. they're always off somewhere. I had lunch with Chuck on Thursday, and he was again wearing amazing clothes, with yet another ste of braces I've never seen.

I'd like to have that kind of life. That kind of closet.

I don't know what has to change to have that. I've dreamed it, and I'm ready for it. Being in this house (or something like it) would be that. Driving this new car would be that.

The woman I had lunch with (Chuck, Thursday, remember? It was only a few lines ago) is a certified mediator - she and I were talking about that there are few mediators who are skilled in business issues - especially financial issues, the kind of things that I do - forensic accounting, contract evaluation, investment tracking, sorting out what happened in an ill-documented situation. I checked into mediator training, a few more places to call. I think that it's the way to integrate my practitioner training with business, and gives me something to do that's law related.

Hm. Lots to ponder.

No comments: