DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday with Glasses

Jarred's sunglasses came in the mail today - they're attractive enough - who knows if they're knockoffs. No case came with them. I'll wrap them nicely and attach a card. The point was to impress him with something he wasn't expecting.

Had a wonderful lunch with Jeffrey today. I'm so glad he's moved to have his own agency; he's much happier.

Have some more work to crank out today, but I submitted a loan this morning and quoted another, sold a book, and worked on some tax returns.

Had an IM from PJ waiting when I came back from lunch:

12:52] PJ ver. 2.01: ok heres the deal. u know im broke, but if u want...i can get on a bus later tonight or tomorrow morning. those are the only times i can have a ride to the station. if u want me to be my freaky self, i can get something to have some fun with before i leave so i can have it with me there, but ill need a little help getting it. im broke:-/
[12:52] *** Auto-response sent to PJ ver. 2.01: I am currently away from the computer.
[12:58] PJ ver. 2.01: plz let e know something so i can secure a ride to the station if u want me to come visit. ill be in and out of the house all day.


This would be ME buying his bus ticket AND wiring him some play money AND putting up with him all weekend, his stupifying alcohol consumption and his "come here/go away" attitude.

I responded with "I already have plans for the entire weekend, sorry."

Ruby is awaiting .. something. This service writer doesn't return phone calls at all. It's like I'm having to chase them around for information and to get the car finished up. Irritating.

Nick is suddenly withdrawn and weird. Blarg at men, generally.

Talking with my online chum Janice last night, she was asking about whether employers could delay paydays. This led to a conversation in which I postulated that they needed better cash flow management, and to look at their pricing. I said "the need the Divo's help."

It looks like that could actually turn out!

The hooker's been communicating again. He's a goofball.

No comments: