DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, July 17, 2004

I feel like I have no clear idea of what I'm going to say in the morning, but I've been structuring it all week - I have my main ideas formulated, but my internet research today was fruitless - which means in the morning, I have to pull out BOOKS and search the INDICES and read.  Bleh.
 
I'm speaking on the "inevitability of the NOW" in the morning, tying quantum physics into our spiritual beliefs (which are NOT some pagan ritual, but soundly rooted in the Bible) and I have a basic idea of where I'm going to go with it, I just like to have some REFERENCES to support my statements.
 
Call me what you will.
 
I had the most bizarre dream I've had in .. well, a long time .. this afternoon during the post-teaching nap.
 
It started off with me trying to leave some place - it was dark, and there were steps that were treacherous and unlighted, and I kept having to retrace these steps .. and I kept losing my shoes.  I think that there has been an ongoing theme of losing my shoes for weeks, just haven't strung it together.
 
So, here I am, trying to get away from this place in the dark, and for some reason, it was like it was in my family's home town of Lake City, even though none of the locality was familiar.  Next to the stairs was this little sliding window in through the cinder block of the dark house, and I could see inside .. there was a very modest home in there .. not familiar to me. 
 
Anyway, somehow I was retracing my steps, and I was inside this funky place, and there were a number of people in it that I knew, but not from my life out here in reality.  Some of the people were talking among themselves, and some were paying attention to me.  All were mildly irritating.  One of the people was a chubby guy who felt everyone disliked him (probably because everyone DID) and he was sort of bouncing around doing stupid little things that were irritating.  And I kept losing my damned SHOES.
 
So, fat boy.  Irritating.  I kept trying to show him that it was his own behavior that was causing people to dislike him; that it was his own actions that he needed to be responsible for .. and he was like talking to a WALL.  (could this have anything to do with the Mormon who has been arguing against me all week about his religious beliefs - well, it's been more of a diatribe, as I won't engage in senseless argument)  Anyway, I lost my damned shoes AGAIN.  
 
So, I simply had to get out of there.  I hopped in [a car] and drove off.  Now, suddenly the surroundings changed from being Lake City (the little town that my family is from) to Grand Rapids (the city where I was born, about the size of Austin, Texas)   It was STILL dark, and I was trying to drive through downtown, which was very Batman (the movie) Gotham-like.  The police had all of the downtown streets blocked off, as someone was shooting a movie there, and I was blocked in.  Which irritated me quite a bit.  So, I cut across a plaza (around the cones) to get out of downtown, and there, the lead actor in the movie shot, was Bob Maddox of the Country Playhouse theater .. we were both surprised there for a moment, and I rocketed onward.
 
Except that I was back in the silly house, and the people in it were plagued by the fear that there was a wild animal loose in the house.  So, I looked through the house and there was nothing.  But, they insisted.  So, I looked again, turning on all the lights in the house, and there was a black lion hiding in the shadowy corner of one of the bedrooms.  So, I coaxed the lion out of the house (it wasn't acting very lion-y) and it started walking back and forth across the street on the sidewalk.

Except that then, it turned into a black bear like thing, and seemed more threatening, and the fire department showed up to deal with it.
 
Then, back to crawling up those damned steps in the dark, past the sliding window and the cinder block, which was now a convenience store, and they had M&Ms.  I was sneaking my hand in through the window to grab some M&Ms, and apparently, I had been doing this for some time.  SO, I had to go in for some reason, and I only wanted to buy a diet Coke with my debit card.  I thought that I'd just BUY some M&Ms to bring up the sales price to a more respectable level, and the woman charged me for SIX packages of M&Ms by mistake.
 
Hm.  Sort of cleared up my debt, huh?
 
So, I think I woke up around the time that the sales clerk acknowledged that she had made an error.
 
And I lay there, wondering what was all THAT about?
 
Any ideas?

No comments: