DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I DID IT!

I started watching a Netflix last night "Passenger 57" which was SO lame (am I predisposed to not like it because I decided based on the trailers back in 1992 that I'd hate it, or was it really just bad? Metaphysicians, you may weigh in now.) I was looking and Barney, his matted hair and how miserable he was, and I got up, grabbed the dog shears .. he's looking at me all "huh?" .. and I pulled his head guard off, then his collar, then he was REALLY surprised, and I started trimming all the clotted and matted hair off of him. He was VERY happy. Then, I grabbed the clippers, and lured him into the bathroom and shaved his back and belly - THEN, I put him in the tub, and scrubbed him three times. He was so happy. His skin (on his back) was all scaly, and when I scrubbed him, all the scabs and nastiness came off and his skin was just raw underneath. After he got out of the tub, he was much less anxious. I'll have to scrub him again in a few days.

Tonight is Jackie's turn.

I have to do a tax return that I started on last night, but must finish today. I'm picking up Guy this afternoon at IAH on his way home from Dominica.

I did a LOT of creative work on Fabulair last night. I have RFQs out for the logo and for photo shots of "personnel." I pretty much finalized the color scheme. Talked to the web developer last night. I have two local graphics artists to ask for quotes for a logo. I did more design work on the website layout and content. I asked Lance to help me create seat maps, and finalized the cabin layouts. Lance created the titles for me yesterday. I started nabbing images off the web that can serve as models for fleet photographs. I started making a list of people whose "endorsements" I want to get or buy. I'm going to approach RuPaul (whom my deceased ex-boyfriend was friends with) about being the "In Flight Fabulousness Designer." I'm going to approach Tom Filicia from "Queer Eye" about "designing" the interiors.

And, last night, I was thinking .. hey, if gay tour organizations can charter a whole CRUISE ship, why couldn't I put together an all gay "fabulair" charter to G&L Mardi Gras in Sydney?

And, guess who wrote up all the organizational documents for a travel agency back 12 years ago? Yep.

So. Now, I have to keep the pace up, start checking out ACMI operators, etc., etc. This is going to be a scream.

Also, last night, right after I got Barney dried off and re-hooded, the phone rings. It's Stevan, my dog groomer/house cleaner .. haven't talked to him in MONTHS. He has been sick .. again .. got fired from his job .. again. He was calling, though, because he hadn't seen me on Gay.com in weeks - and some people in the chat room were starting to gossip that I was DEAD. One rumor involved a heart attack, one a car accident, and the third a house fire. So, he was calling to see if I'd answer the phone. What a hoot.

Found PJ last night on Public Data. He's in TDJC until September 2005 - no release date posted. Holy cow. Apparently, his most recent brush with the law was aggravated assault.

Anyway, it's time to get to work - more later!

No comments: