DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Because I love to bitch ... about shitty service

I picked up my car from David Taylor on Thursday, where it had overnighted. As was predictable, they sent me the email "were you satisfied" inquiry today.

Well, they asked:

"Were all of your service concerns corrected on this service visit?"

Wiring harness appears to be on order (this was not explained to me, but could be on order from my review of the invoice.) Foglamps were not repaired, perhaps because of this issue.

I had requested that the sunroof be adjusted, but the service writer and the invoice were quite specific that they could find nothing wrong with it.

"Based on this service visit, overall, how satisfied are you with David Taylor Cadillac Buick GMC Pontiac?"

Well, I paid $270 and was without the car for two days for an oil change, a fuel filter and a bottle of fuel conditioner in the gas tank. Nothing else was done.

As I drove up the beltway after paying for my car, the wind whistled merrily across the back of the sunroof, pushing out any thoughts of returning phone calls until I closed the sunroof shade.

That night, as I was driving through Memorial to pick up my best girlfriend for her birthday dinner, the stereo speakers on the left side of the car began to cause the interior trim to buzz loudly enough that the XM announcer's words were blurred.

But, I can see how no problem could be found.

So, I'm perturbed that I spent $270 on a service that could have been accomplished for $80. I'm pretty good at dumping a can of gas treatment in the thank, you see, and the going price for an oil change is about $25.

No comments: