DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Guest lodgings and 30,000 miles

Put away a few things in the guest room this morning (and took down the broken Jesus picture,) and here's how it looked with sunlight streaming in today..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The boy from Abilene was heard from last night. I'm publishing the details in the private blog - if you're not a reader and you want to be, just ask me (and, depending on our relationship, I may let you.) I was quite harsh. Bram hooted with laughter.

Scarlett is in the shop today and tomorrow for the 30,000 mile service, repairing the foglamps and their associated wiring harness, the sunroof (again,) and the stereo speakers which are buzzing. I think she'll be ready near the end of the day tomorrow.

Riding the bus home today for the FIRST time!

Humor for this Wednesday morning that feels like Tuesday:

A very gentle Texas lady was driving across a high
bridge in Texas one day. As she neared the top of the
bridge, she noticed a young man fixin' to jump.

She stopped her car, rolled down the window and
said, "Please don't jump, think of your dear mother
and father."

He replied, "Mom and Dad are both dead; I'm going to
jump".

She said, "Well, think of your wife and children."

He replied, "I'm not married and I don't have any
kids"

She said, "Well, think of the Alamo ."

He replied, "What's the Alamo ?"

She replied, "Well, bless your heart, just go ahead
and jump, you dumb assed Yankee."


I'm cleaning up my "to do" list today, and going home to pull weeds and trans-plants that can be put into pots and successfully populate the courtyard. Bram's on the ambulance tonight, which means that I can look forward to a peaceful evening of that, taking out the trash, and watching my newly arrived disc of "25 - Season Three."

Talked to my dad last night for a good long time, he actually seemed to be interested in what's going on with the church. And, I had several calls last night from the Phoenix minister who I have already written to tell "only with a mediator, please."

Okay, time to line out the tasks to be accomplished and off we go!!

No comments: