DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just thinking

I'm thinking that I am really glad to be in my house. It's very comfortable. I feel as comfortable in it as I did in my apartment in Midtown, but the fear and the anxiety isn't there. Neither is the nightly carousing in the parking garage, and the weekend-only thump-ing from the club on the corner.

I'm thinking that I want to create a bunch of money and remodel the house in the manner I've envisioned.

I'm thinking I need to hop back on the pony that is Fabulair.

I'm thinking that I need to get off my ass and outline my novel, and get a bunch of stuff sold on eBay.

I'm thinking that I want to paint my bedroom this weekend.

It's franchise tax day - I've done the only return that needs be mailed off.

Jerry Falwell is dead. It is next to impossible for my heart not to lift from that news.

I'm thinking about this "Jay Leno" post. I'm wondering how many of the enthusiasts who re-posted it really READ it. "protected us from terrorism?" You're kidding, me, right? I don't think I have enough time today to write about that one.

How about "cut taxes and ended the recession?" How about that NO ONE but pundits and ideologues credit Bush's tax cuts with anything but providing more money for the wealthy to put in their offshore bank accounts?

No Child Left Behind, the largest fully unfunded mandate in the history of legislation?

Hurricane Katrina - black people losing their lives and livelihoods - days before a Bush photo op - four. White kids being shot at Va Tech - days before a Bush appearance and emotional performance - less than one.

The largest budget deficits in history?

Calling the US Government obligations to the Social Security Trust fund "IOUs" with a dismissive wave, and then trying to privatize Social Security in a manner that has proven disasterous for every other country that's tried a similar scheme?

Setting up Medicare so that they had to buy drugs at catalog prices and making it illegal to negotiate pricing? Then, claiming that Medicare's broken and should be shut down?

Lying to the US, to the Military, and to the world community about Iraq and their threat to the US?

Utter destruction of the military?

Stripping the National Guard away from the states, making most states incapable of response to a national disaster or civil disturbance (like Hurricane Katrina?)

Refusing over $600,000,000 in foreign aid offered without conditions to the victims of Hurricane Katrina?

Let's just stay away, for the moment, with the rampant politicization of the government, violations of campaign laws, unleashing bank regulations to allow for the sub-prime lending boondoggle that may end up melting down the housing market, the hundreds of billions of dollars shoveled into the pockets of Halliburton on no-bid contracts?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: