DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Drapery rods and broken merchandise

Here at the office, with the investor representatives for one of our companies we do business with. Funny stuff - they're SO aggressive. But, do they have the technology? Will they be around in eight weeks to support us?

Had a lovely E-conversation this morning at 0100. We were reminiscing about his family's 1978 Mercury Marquis Meteor station wagon, that seated more people than it gained miles per gallon of fuel consumption. The conversation was a hoot - he was telling me bits and details about the car, and I was able to pinpoint the model, year and equipment by virtue only of those pieces. Then, this morning, I found this on eBay, which is proof that time travel exists.

We're supposed to get the drapery rod for the downstairs back window tonight, which will mean that we'll have blackout drapes by the morrow. EXCELLENT.

I got the new mini-stereo for the bedroom, and the old adage "You get what you pay for" seems to be in play. I unpacked it this morning, and the $40 (with shipping) $600 AIWA stereo looks lovely, but has a piece rattling around inside of it, and the CD player is wonky. I didn't have time to fiddle with it this morning, but perhaps this evening, I'll be able to figure it out. It has a cassette player, which is important to be able to play the myriad meditation tapes that I have accumulated.

Tonight, Curtis is coming over (he says.) He's moving to Corpus for a year, and he wanted to come and hang out. That boy's a mess. Some months ago, he called and said he needed my help - his wife had gained access to his email account, and was surfing through all of his hook-up profiles, checking his on-site emails from people with whom he'd been discussing hooking up. His request was that I log in as him on his accounts she hadn't yet found out about, cancel and delete those profiles, and scrub his email account of mail from those accounts.

Which I did, bitching the entire time. I told him he needed to figure out what his deal was - was he a married guy, or was he just a swinger that hit whoever he could find?

Yesterday, he told me that my phone conversation with him caused him to change his behavior strongly. He's not been hunting for external validation since we spoke that day.

Who knew?

Anyway, he wants to come hang out tonight before he runs off to Corpus with the wife and kiddies. I think I'll have him help me move the dresser and armoire in my bedroom so that I can get things the way I want them in there.

I really want matticia to come for Memorial Day weekend.

Trying to re-do some tax returns today that are MOST challenging for me. Bleh.

No comments: