DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, Monday .. rainy day version

Fun! Gave away about 1/3 of the sheet/book music to Rosita today. Rainy, nasty and wet were the operative words for the afternoon. Seems that the sheet music that I have left isn't really worth much. After calling the eBay consignment shop, their minimum price requirement has gone up to $50, which rather negates a bunch of the stuff I have to sell, I guess. I don't know.

Still a lot more packing to do. Kitchen, bedrooms, garage.

I'm finding so many things that I kept and moved into this house that I just don't think about, read, look at, whatever. It's just amazing how much CRAP I keep because it "feels" better than having nothing, or thinking that I have nothing.

Well, enough of that. I may be moving this stuff into the new place, but it's not staying.

I've fully decorated the new place in my mind. Well, as far as where the furniture and wall hangings are going to go. Paint colors have yet to be determined. I will need some drapes for the front two windows, and a blind and drapery rod for my bedroom (I'm not giving up on the red silk just yet, I don't think.)

I have decided that the front formal living room is going to have the small curio case - maybe another one curio case eventually. Glass front antique book case. Two black leather arm chairs. Big curio case. The two big Continental airlines posters. It's going to be the airline memorabilia room. In the great room, the piano, the stereo/home theater, and all the movie posters. The kitchen is going to have clear counters, I've decided. Only the coffee maker and the knife rack are going to be "out."

I had lunch today with John (Big John, not John too) at Baba Yega, and we sat right outside the patio. I was looking out the windows at the lavish riot of plants and thought "that's how I want my patio to look."

It's going to require some work, but I want to be able to look out through that patio window and see plants, leaves, flowers, flowing water ... yup.

The stairwell is two stories tall, and has three great walls for hanging "stuff." So, I've decided to finally have all of my 1938 20th Century Limited stuff framed, and hang the "trains," as my Dutch Auntie called them in the stairwell, and hang the other curio (the one with the 1938 20th Century stuff in it) at the top of the stairwell hallway. I'll get Matticia to put in some recessed cans that will highlight each of the framed, hanging prints and the curio.

Still waiting on the final word for loan approval. I am withholding shaking the money tree until I know what's what.

Thinking of going to bed, even though it's only 9:30. I have a headache, and am feeling like being horizontal.

No comments: