DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Packapalooza and moving

A successful day at packing. About 90% packed up. Only those things in the kitchen, bathrooms and the ever important home theater that remain to be boxed or stacked up. Plus, clothing, which can go into the back seat of the car for a quick trip.

Barney has nearly completely fallen apart physically. He's barely able to walk, he's started drooling, and he's in obvious discomfort, as opposed to his previous interest, curiousity and openess. John has agreed to take him to the SPCA on Monday to be put down.

Had Babs over today to help pack - she hadn't been here in about six months. I was very glad to have her help.

Tomorrow, after church, it's clean-up packing. The last few things to be ready to put everything on the truck. Which truck I haven't yet arranged for....

So many things to be done yet. Call all the utility companies, all the mail forwarding and address changes. Oof.

I think I'll be spending substantially all of this week doing this. Wow. Amazing how much time this is going to take. Amazing that I've been in this house for almost 11 months. Today, as Babs was here, I was reflecting on how much I've done, spent and generated in getting this house to a position that it's just as liveable as it is now.

As we sat here in the living room today eating lunch, we could hear the squirrels in the ceiling over my bathroom. Craziness.

No comments: