DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday that feels like Monday

Weight Watchers has two new things; free registration this week and a
monthly pass for forty bucks - which is a BIG discount and includes
unlimited meetings and free online access. I'm going to go join ASAP.
The holiday diet disaster has affected my waistline negatively. I
also haven't really been exercising - I just am not a self-starter
when it comes to that, yet.

I'm looking at all of this crap in this house - all the barware - where did it all
come from? I hardly use any of it. I'm also thinking - how are we
all three of us going to fit into this townhouse? We'll have to move
the metal desk/computer stand to the church and what of the "free"
exercise equipment? I'm planning on selling the stainless
refrigerator and the mostly dead electric dryer on Craigslist. Heh
heh.

We took my mutts and Tyson out on leash into the front sidewalk
yesterday for a formal meeting/greeting. Barney was reasonably well
behaved, but Tyson is very jittery around both of them. Tyson tried
to lick Jackie's butt out - her tooshie was soaking wet by the time we
decided nothing further was going to develop.

No mail today, no government offices open to speak of, no nothing due to the funeral of Gerald Ford. Was it like this for R. Reagan? I don't recall.

Mentally, I'm already moved into the new place. I am focusing on the logistics of packing all this crap up and labeling it, then efficiently moving it to the new place. Another unpacking party lurks!

Fascinating article about oil here.

Today is the national day of mourning for Gerald Ford, who hailed from Grand Rapids - which was my birthplace. When I was a tot, he was first elected to the US House of Representatives. My aunt was married to the GM of Berger Chevrolet there, and they (the Ford camp) asked whether they could use my aunt's 1957 T-bird in a parade. My aunt dragged me and my sister along, and her husband cautioned: "Better not let those kids be exposed." My aunt says all along she knew we were little queers.

Turns out, that's not how it was with Jerry:



Former President Gerald Ford believes the federal government should treat gay couples the same as married couples, including providing equal Social Security and tax benefits. Ford's views, expressed in an exclusive telephone interview, make him the highest-ranking Republican ever to endorse equal treatment for gay couples.

"I think they ought to be treated equally. Period," Ford declared. Asked specifically whether gay couples should get the same Social Security, tax and other federal benefits as married couples, he replied, "I don't see why they shouldn't. I think that's a proper goal."



Here's to ya, Jerry.

No comments: