DJHJD

DJHJD

Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday attention

So, this is a PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

If anyone persists in calling me to blather on pointlessly about their job, boyfriend, daughter, manicurist, ex-boyfriend, would-be boyfriend, politics or other troubles, please expect the following:

First, telephone contact will be short and unrewarding.
Second, I will stop answering your phone calls.
Third, I will stop RETURNING your phone calls.

How do you know if you're a culprit, and that your telephonic contact is about to be or is being controlled? Here are a few clues:

a.) if you hear me say "I have to go now" and you suddenly rush in to ask me how I have been doing - this is a sign that you've not engaged me in the conversation at all.
b.) if you can feel me physically shove my way into your monologue to tell you that I have to get off the phone - like I have to cut you off and raise my voice to wedge my way in
c.) if I tell you something about a new gig, a new job, a new boyfriend, a new house, or that I've moved to Anchorage three weeks ago, and you say "I didn't know anything about that."
d.) if you hear my voice mail message A LOT
e.) if I start a telephone conversation by telling you that there's a time limit, which will be strictly observed.

Now, we return to our regularly scheduled program.

Ruby's back in the shop. This time, with a busted driver's seat frame - both sides failed. They are going to attempt to weld it back together, and then check to see if the seat mechanism continues to work. If not, then they're going to look for a replacement seat. This one's going to hurt.

Chuck's on his way over, and we're going to a.) pick up a check, b.) have dinner, c.) he swears he's going to fix this computer so it works. Finally.

Tomorrow, I've called off a meeting, and I think I'm going to see if I can get some work done OUTSIDE - Jackie's been digging up the planters next the patio, the garage door remains busted, and there are two light fixtures that need to be installed. The patio needs to be hosed/scrubbed down, as does the driveway. I need to find someplace to recycle paint. And, I have about a week's worth of computer work to catch up on. Since I haven't been able to do ANY.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

My dear...please do watch the blood sugar. Your frustration table is leaking. Love you, Dutch Auntie