DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tuesday turmoil

God love Chuck. He came over tonight to hang out and watch DVDs with me. This day requires some TLC.

Things seemed like they had started off so well today. Lunch with Ben was wonderful. Then, I came home and - disaster. My afternoon was all planned out - balance checking account statements, four business tax returns - and it was ripped away. I don't know that I've ever been completely speechless before. I know that it was the first time in my life since I have cohesive memory that I had no idea what to do next.

It took four hours to straighten my emotional state out, and then another hour to recover a sense of equalibrium.

So, I guess that it remains to be seen whether I have lost any business from this, but I certainly lost a half days' productivity. There's more waiting in my "in" box to be processed, but I think that I'll wait until tomorrow morning to deal with that.

Ruby's still up on a jack - AutoZone had to re-order her shocks and they won't be in until tomorrow morning. The brake pads are easy enough - only $20.00.

Had a call today from a student from last fall - they want me to do book keeping for them. Hopefully, Ruby will be ready for me to make that meeting tomorrow night. They have five months' worth of accounting to do right away.

Not a word out of the guy who was supposed to come work on stuff for my two websites and help me with my mortgage books. What is it that has people just utterly avoid their promises and then expect you not to notice?

Still working on the land loan that I've been working on for seven months.

No comments: