DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday, Monday ver. 733.01

Nothing like a day that starts off with N8 stopping by at 0800. I was cleaning up the floor after Barney's created quite the huge mess - from the laundry room door to the baby gate. He started drinking at 10, and was drunk out of his mind by 2:00 - he started yelling at people - oof. Just was wondering where things were going to go.

That boy is a tortured soul.

His presence did make me quite productive inasmuch as I was trying to do nearly anything to get away from him .. while he sat there and peppered me with disconnected questions and phrases.

Rosita gave me some drink mix for people with diabetes - I mixed up a big pitcher and have been working with it. Not having food after 4:00 anymore - I hope. It's tough. I hope this stuff isn't terribly expensive, 'cause I can see that I'm going to be going through it pretty quickly.

Barney, after spending the morning in the laundry room, was busted loose by N8 who spent a half hour badgering me about how horrible I was toward Barney - he's been without his blue hood since this morning (he made a horrible mess of it in the kitchen) and he's been okay with it so far.

The Phaeton that I want has been sold. On a good note, it's been sold to a guy who buys cars and only keeps them for six to twelve months - it's really the one that I want, and I'm thinking that this is the universe's way of hiding the car from the world for a few months until I'm ready for it. Of course, I could make MORE money and buy an A8L with the four seat package. With that car, I could get the nifty refrigerator in the rear seat. Plus, it has bluetooth.

And, in the meantime - do I keep it going with Ruby, or buy a new car? I'm attracted to a VW TDI - either a Jetta or a Beetle. The Beetle is about 10% cheaper, and I could put Ruby's custom stereo into it. Advantage has a gray one with an automatic.

Ruby's in the hospital - left rear shock broke and she needs brake pads. This means a trip to Auto Zone tomorrow, and hopefully this will cure some of her issues. But. I'd really rather have the A8 or the Phaeton, and give Ruby to my brother in Grand Rapids.

And, I'd still probably buy the TDI to drive to and from Clear Lake.

My Treo is rebooting itself over and over. I think it's time to call the manager of the Sprint store again.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Hey, I love the Beetle and it drives like a dream. When we were first married, we had a fabulous VW convertible ( one of those with the Carmen Ghia body). We drove all the way from Denver home to Austin with a German Shepherd in the back seat. And once across the desert to CA in the summer with a bag of ice under my feet (before AC). I drove a new one last year and I think it drives like a dream. It may be time for you to consider some dependable transportation (an interim until your dream car comes into your life).
You are much more tolerant of drunks than I would be...is this going to be a convenient place for him to land and get plowed?