DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday evening blog entry

Church today was awesome – I talked about “Vanity” of the Seven DeadlySins – and it went VERY well. We were able to talk about bridging between people who have challenging or hostile views, such as fundamentalists, people from the other political viewpoint, family members – looking at them a different way. I think it’s going to be very powerful.

Chuck helped me with a power point presentation for the Vanity talk. It was pretty good; I think we can do better. This morning, I found a panaboard on eBay – and, we bought it for $180 – plus about $200 in shipping costs – in two weeks, I think that we’ll have a wall mounted A/V display for our presentations – it’s going to be GREAT.

Last night’s formal party for Robyn was LOTS of fun. Putting on a tux and going was great. Two people told me that I was the best dressed man there. That was nice. The new shoes were fabulous.

This week, I have a bunch to do – including cracking my internal fear that comes from infancy. I feel like I’ve been successful in clearing out these beliefs in my conscious mind, but they still run rampant in my subconscious mind. This afternoon, I did another brief meditation and then took a nap. My subconscious just ripped into the nap – I awoke with my heart pounding and my entire body awash in adrenaline.

So, how does this work? I keep trying to adjust my thinking and belief patterns, and this is just so deep – anyone have a roto-rooter device?

I think I’m going to work with Lisa again Tuesday night before class.

Taught myself Rune techniques today. It’s amazingly simple.

Just finished the last of the orange juice from oranges that I brought from Dad’s tree in his old back yard. Oranges from the grocery store have no flavor that’s remotely like it.

I’m watching a DVD of Michael Moore’s the “awful truth.” It’s kind of funny, but it sure is slanted. I started to watch one of his movies, and realized I’d watched it years ago.

Last night, after driving home from Robyn’s party, I was nosing around on eBay and found MY car – the dealership in Austin had sold it nearly two weeks ago, but now it’s at a VW dealer, and .. that means that the sole flaw in the vehicle could be resolved .. I can have it certified. That adds to the warranty, and gives one more confidence in the vehicle. I applied for a loan on it tonight with my credit union. We’ll see about that –

As I’ve been studying lately, I’m increasingly finding that it’s one’s expectations that create outcomes. It’s the expectancy. This could also be defined as the tendency of one’s beliefs and thinking. I think that as one develops ones ability with mental science, these thinking tendencies become more distinct and powerful, as one adds the belief in mental science to the tendencies, making them more effective. Thus, any focus on worry, fear, anxiety or negative beliefs will produce quicker, clearer results.

Of course, a shifted focus brings quick elimination of these anxieties.

I’m sure that part of my current state is my shifting view of what I want to do. I talked to Susan yesterday at some length about that, and I think it’s getting clearer for me. I’ve cooked up some plans for how I want my business website to work. I’m going to be expanding the website significantly, and I have some products to roll out that should be dandy. I need to focus on making this happen, along with all of my other projects.

Anyway, more watching this DVD, getting the trash ready for tomorrow morning, and some more meditation.

No comments: