DJHJD

DJHJD

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Welcome to Tuesday

Welcome to Tuesday – the day of unbridled anxiety

Well, it’s Anxiety Tuesday, as evidenced by Michael’s bizarre phone call, pestering me about helping him buy an airline ticket home (he has money) about whether or not I wanted to talk to him any more, blah, blah, blah.  Barney’s been pretty anxiety free today, but sheesh!  Michael is just the neediest man I’ve met in ages.

Had some pretty wild realizations about myself this morning, all of which, of course, center on anxiety and a lack of certainty.  

I, for myself, did a lot of thinking and talking about this anxiety and where it stems from, but didn’t do a lot about managing or rooting out said anxiety.  I spent several hours this afternoon working on errands that needed doing, including sending out eBay packages, Christmas packages and such.  I have a TON of work to accomplish tomorrow, and meetings from 5:00 onward tomorrow night.  It needs to be a manic day tomorrow, that’s for sure.

I sent N8 a birthday card, for which he thanked me today.  Another “fart in the wind,” as Mikey put it tonight.  That is an element of Nick’s gay.com profile, which I didn’t understand until Mikey explained it to me tonight.  Interesting.

Nick, speaking of, has been silent since yesterday around noon.  Strange.  

I went through my PCS bill, and .. urk .. another month with nearly $100 in excess useage charges.  That’s all done, though.  My bill for December will be less than $200.00.

Tomorrow is the renewal day on my cable bill – and, instead of paying another month for a service I won’t watch or use, I’ll stroll over to the Time Warner store a block away and deliver up my DVR and remote control and pay up my bill.  Another $150 invested in nothingness.  Ah, well.

I found the PERFECT Phaeton last night around 11:00 – it’s in New York, it’s at a VW dealer, which means it’s certified, pre-owned, it only has 18,000 miles and it’s cheap.  The color and all the equipment that I want, except for the rear console, which I can live without.  I’ll post some pictures of it here in a second.

Lisa was reminding me to de-couple from the how and focus on the outcome.  Yeah, yeah.  Practice what I preach?  Walk the talk?  Pffffffffffffft.

I need to fold up the laundry that I did earlier, and make up the bed, which also got laundered.

Michael, the king of anxiety and false affections, returned this evening unannounced.  Drunk.  Wanting me to ‘hang out’ with him.  Since he got himself dropped off, I guess tomorrow I’ll have to explain to him that he needs to go back to Pasadena and stay there until he leaves for home for Christmas.  Which is a week from today.  I have too much to get done.

And, since he’s here, I’ll utilize his slave labor to put out the Christmas lights, clean up the house (the non-breakable parts,) clean the dogs (again) and such. Hopefully, that will keep him busy enough that he won’t pester me while I work on loans, tax returns and other such.

Okay, it’s time to fold, staple and spindle.  In that order, of course.  

No comments: