DJHJD

DJHJD

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hump Day Contemplations

I have a doctor's appointment for my diabetes in about 90 minutes; it's at the Montrose Clinic, which is only eight blocks away, so no pressure there. It's a fasting appointment, so I should be a raving bitch by the time I get back here.

Last night, according to the bathroom scales, I'd dropped ten pounds in two weeks since my last doctor's appointment there. My blood sugar this morning, though, was 354. What's up with that? The glucophage doesn't seem to be moderating my blood glucose levels. I'm about to order the mineral supplements that help moderate blood sugar, and I need to start exercising (which I should be doing right now instead of screwing with the computer) but you know how it is. I'm down to 262 pounds, more than twenty pounds since June. At this rate, I could meet my goal of having a 42" waist (comfortably) by my birthday party on Oct. 1.

My friend Matt in Orlando, who's Type 1, tells me that the weight loss is a function of the high blood sugar - when the sugar is so high, the body doesn't process the food, and you lose weight. Uh, I think he's NUTS. If that were the case, I would have been a bathing beauty a few years ago. I know that I've been eating a LOT less food, and drinking about 150% more water. I've also been taking Corti-Slim, which moderates adrenaline production in the body.

I have one loan app to pick up today, need title and appraisal work on it and it's ready to go, have another to submit, and another to quote. Still have tax returns to do. Extended the four tax scofflaws that I am nursing along yesterday.

Had lunch with CP yesterday; when I walked into the restaurant, he was reading the Science of Mind! Holy cow! Speaking of, we had some drama with Rev. D Monday and Tuesday. What a creep. We just want her to go away permanently.

Spent some time looking over the preliminary information and pictures for the Cadillac DTS, which will hit showrooms in mid-September. Lovely, but $55,000.00. I walked outside right after, and looked at Ruby, thinking "none of these cars are better than what I have." Well, except for the $175,000 Bentley Continental GT. Saw one of those on Westheimer yesterday. WOOF.

Anyway, last night, Mikey was working on my DrDivo.com website, and he put up the reconstructed 1998 Riviera website from Buick (whoop!) and wanted me to choose some pictures of Ruby-like cars to put on the web as a link to that sub-site. He sent me one he found of a Ruby-clone with custom wheels on it. WOW. It looked great. So, I had to go shopping for wheels - and this is what I found:

No comments: