DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, February 28, 2005

I dreamt of R&R last night - two dreams, one each. Very strange. In the one, R was coming to me at my new office (which was very funky and disorganized - in fact, I was sitting outside on the sidewalk with a table and a wireless connection, and the occupants of the office whose signal I was pirating kept coming out and haranguing me.) R came up, that big old grin on his face, and he had this sheaf of legal papers that he wanted me to look at - the papers were all photocopies, and bad ones at that .. it was clear that text had been redacted out.

Finally, I was able to piece together that it was some serious lawsuit about fraudulent endorsements on some checks .. and that R was the principal defendant (which information had been assiduously redacted out.)

Weird.

Today was partly productive, and partly not. I did have a 20 year old over to fix my bookcase (broken in the recarpeting) and to reinstall a shelf in the living room. He also waxed Ruby, and started re-working the stereo wiring in her. Tomorrow, I'm going to clean her door and trunk jams, and take her over to vacuum her out. Either T or Joey will come by tomorrow, re-install the power cord for the XM, and pull apart the dash (again) to figure out how River Oaks Car Stereo screwed up the speaker wiring three years ago. Once they get that fixed, who knows? The sky could be the limit!

Had my last class of the second trimester of Prac I tonight - that was kind of fun; I have four papers to get cranked out .. oh, by Friday. Several of us in the class are just "in the weeds." As in, can't figure out which end is up, unmotivated, unfocused, behind, directionless, etc. I guess we discussed that, through the first 2/3 of Prac I, so much time is spent uprooting our counter-productive self-definitions, that one gets to a point where one has tossed out most of the old, and there is nothing new to take its place.

Or, at least that's what I got out of it.

I have a meeting with Chuck and Donna on Thursday to get re-fabu'd, and have tomorrow and the rest of the week to get re-started there.

Dennis says that he objects to my recent lack of blogging - so, this is for Dennis.

Went out on the Last Safari Saturday night. There is no reason to go back, ever. Safari has been permanently moved to Sunday nights - trash disco at the Mining Company.

Missed talking to Brad/Tom/Ger today. I sure like him. He's smart, witty, cute, flirtatious, and wonderful.

The married guy came over today. And, Travis called today .. wanting to "get together." Enough euphemisms, thank you. I think I'll get busy by Thursday.

Okay, I have to finish reading this article about the Bank of Korea diversifying out of dollar holdings, and go to bed.

No comments: