DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Ahhhhh .. Angel: Season Four. I only have disc one, so I cannot do what I wish to, and watch the WHOLE THING tonight. I have to save two episodes for TOMORROW night. I am functioning on approximately three hours of sleep today, and I've been mostly on the go all day. So, the little man in my brain is shutting down the lights, and I don't quite know how profound I can be tonight.

Church tomorrow morning, and then I have to crank on the work all afternoon. A client's financial records to organize, put in file folders, enter into QuickBooks and then have them ready for him to pick up.

Had a little electronic discussion with a gay lad in Atlanta tonight. He started things off by telling me he thought that Hillary Clinton was a communist. Ugh. Of course, that required dissection. While he did not give much ground, he was required to admit that none of Mrs. Clinton's positions or advocations were inherently Communist.

THEN, he started in on Ralph Nader. Hello? Irrelevant? Can you SPELL "who cares?" Ralph Nader is a Communist.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. He endorses the Green Party platform, which is Communist.

No, he doesn't. He sought their nomination as their candidate, as they were on the ballot in all 50 states. He was not selected.

Yes, he did.

No, he didn't.

So, you're saying that Ralph Nader changed his politics?

No, I am not.

Well, you just said that he was no longer supporting the Green party platform.

No, I said he was never an endorser of the 2004 Green party platform.

Whence, much cutting and pasting of elements of the 2004 Green party platform ensued.

Yes, I admit that the platform of the Green party is Communistic. However, Ralph Nader never adopted those positions. Here, please look at the Nader website (hyperlink supplied.)

Apparently, that was too challenging. Back we go to the Green party website.

So, I said "Nader was the Green Party candidate in 2000. He was not in 2004. Are you speaking about the platform of the Green Party in 2000, or are you attributing the platform of the Green party in 2004 to Nader's campaign in 2000? The Green party has taken a significant shift to the left since 2000."

Much time passed.

Then, "Okay, so you're right, the 2000 Green party platform did not endorse the positions that I was speaking of."

Then, he started back at it.

So, I said "Trying to discuss facts with someone who takes their information from Fox News is like trying to discuss religion with a Mormon. It's best to smile, nod and move on."

Oh, my. Talk about gas on the fire.

Tirade, tirade, tirade.

I just kept answering "smile and nod."

Then, I took him off my "buddy" list. I mean, come ON. A gay person taking his information from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh? Why not just be Jewish, and write press releases for Joseph Goebbels?

Anyway. I don't think that Kerry is going to win this, anyway. He's allowed the Bush campaign to define him, and he isn't creating a vision for undecided voters to look into as they make up their minds. He isn't motivating. The new, happy, all pablum Democratic party (Republican lite) just isn't anything different than what the Republicans offer. Regardless of what Hannity says.

And, I think that Geo. II will completely pander to the radical right .. to get elected. Once he's re-elected, he's going to go back to status quo ante and the right is going to be REALLY pissed. Not that it will count for anything, but they're going to be really tweaked when they find out that they were used and abused.

Ah, well.

I need to take these mutts outside, and get to bed. More foundational meditation is on tonight's schedule. God, I hope I get through all this crap soon.

No comments: