DJHJD

DJHJD

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Today's most poingnant and relevant discussion -

I spent a good couple of hours today reading about the Koch family, about the Birchers, the Tea Party, the astonishing spread of hate and intentional ignorance -

I was beginning to form the thought "why bother?"

Then, the conversation with Teddy:

Ted: So whats new in politics today?
drdivo: Oh, it's all the same.  It's the same shit been going on since Andrew Jackson
Ted: I figured
Ted: the decline of intelligent thought in this country is making me sad
drdivo: It's making it challenging for me to be around people who are talking
drdivo: I just want to injure them
Ted: I stay away from them
Ted: There isn't anything in common, so there is no possible dialogue
drdivo: so true
Ted: They believe that once you are born, you're on your own.  I believe we have a collective responsibility to society.  We are arguing from two separate and irreconcilable bases of thought
drdivo: quite so
drdivo: and they resent ANY helping hand given anyone other than themselves
Ted: indeed.  Although they might tread carefully.  Worrying too much about the 2nd amendment may not be in their favor when the middle class is gone and there is a huge, armed underclass who comes to realize that they've been well and truly screwed by the very wealthy whom they supported for so long

(my comment at the end there)

No comments: