DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday without church

I'm sitting in my slightly adjusted living room, enjoying the sunshine flooding in through the patio door and the dryness associated with having the heat on. It's still only 62 degrees (EPA Energy Star settings, remember?) but the windows aren't all covered with condensed water vapor.

Or, I guess it would be more accurate to say that the windows aren't covered in water droplets, as a result of condensation.

Church for today was called off due to the lasting temperatures, and that we have no heat in the building.

Don't get me wrong, every year in Houston the temperatures drop down like this, but the ground and the infrastructure doesn't cold soak as it has this year. We rarely get ice forming on the roads and ground.

So, the church is cold soaked today. My old theater buddy Erin posted on FB just a minute ago that her church didn't have heat today either, so don't think that something is/was WRONG that the place I've spent the last eight years of Sundays was too cold this morning.

Which is just fine, as I didn't want to go today anyway. I'm waiting for brunch with a sleepy friend, and then I'm going to work on some spec work projects. Spec, meaning no one's going to pay me for doing them up front - I may earn something from them later on.

Everything's dusted, everything's vacuumed and I just LOVE having a place that I can cruise through in no time flat, leaving everything nearly Edgar certified! I did NOT however shampoo the white upholstered dining chairs, which I think will be required soon.

Tax season is about to start and I'm READY. I've already heard from a few tax folks, and I just LOVE hearing from them. I know, you already think I'm nuts, but filling out forms and figuring out what dry strings of words mean is something I'm brilliant at, and that I can bring comfort to others doing that AND that they support me for doing that which I do well already is just symbiotically grand.

Douglas Hord

Create Your Badge

No comments: