DJHJD

DJHJD

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rain, rain ...

My little desktop weather widget is telling me we're going to have thundershowers today, and it seems to be lining up with reality.

I kind of like the rain. Mostly because here in Houston, when it rains, it's serious about it, and then when it's not raining, it's not raining. Even if it's overcast, it's pretty much not going to rain on you.

I'd like the rain here at the house better if my new windows were installed, if my garage and courtyard were re-made into the new garage and solarium that I've envisioned, and if the house had rain gutters again. Right now, the rain is splashy in the back, and the car is getting wet, even though parked in the garage. The splashing out back is quite loud, and that's contrary to the peacefulness that I wish to have here at home.

The thunder makes Jackie upset, and she's been very clingy so far this evening.

Here she comes again.

The water here at home smells terrible; I've made a request of the City that they check things out, but I was also looking at whole house water filtration systems today. They're inexpensive, but .. I guess I'd have to find someone who could install it for me. I need to have the garage and solarium worked over this summer, also. I wonder if Ben's ready to draw me up some plans for it.

Another new loan today; one each day this week so far. Another one set for tomorrow. Wow.

I'm liking the direction that things are taking at work. And, I'm starting to feel like something did shift the other night in my Psych-K balance. Did it shift quickly enough, though? That's the question.

The other day, I had JPO help me put the cabin air filter into the car. It's amazing, either I'm dreaming or it makes a difference both in air quality and in air conditioning noise level. I think I'll post a little note over on the website and see if other people who had the same experience.

No comments: