DJHJD

DJHJD

Monday, April 30, 2007

The progression of the flu-like thing that's gradually moving on out. YAY!

Earlier today, I attempted to install the Fram cabin air filter that I purchased for my car; opening up the spot that it goes into I discovered that said space was vacant. "Humph" I said to myself "someone took the filter OUT and didn't replace it. I asked JPO to help, since I couldn't see shit in there, even with a flashlight, and the device looked not to fill the hole under any circumstances.

He came out and proclaimed that the part was the wrong one. Off to the internet, where the part number was cross-referenced and validated. So, it's not just having older eyesight, the part really didn't look like it would fit in there. So, he worked and fiddled, and I hopped back on the web to see if better instructions could be had. I inquired of NowNow, which is an awesome service, and they sent me one answer that was rather half-assed but effective enough. JPO was stymied by the filter having an "air flow this way" arrow that seemed to contradict any way the device could be inserted. Finally, he shoves 'er in, and we decided that no matter whether it was correct or not, it was the only way it was going in there, and it was better than nothing, which was what I had before.

Just a moment ago, I got another answer from NowNow, and it was a link to a Bonneville owner's website, complete with a step by step, an endorsement of the Fram filter (yay me) and pictures showing how the stupid thing looks when correctly inserted (yay JPO.) And, the comments in the thread indicated that most of the Bonnies were delivered sans tenant in the cabin air filter department.

Interesting.

Talked to John (F) on his way home on his bluetooth (tm) phone in his brand spanking new car (yay John!) The sound of his phone's connection was AWESOME. Sondra was by this evening, and she's got an extra Motorola bluetooth gadget for use in the car, but holy smokes, if I get yet one more thing that has to be plugged into the cigar lighter, I may as well start buying stuff from Havana.

Jean came by today and smudged. She's so fabulous at that, and she's so super fabulous for driving nearly a hundred miles to do that for me AND bring me plants to boot. Thank you, Jean (big smoochies.)

And, tomorrow night, I have a balancing appointment with a Psych-K prac here in town. Thank GOD. Hopefully, that's going to help. It's why I went up to Dallas, for Lord's sake.

And opera tickets tomorrow night, with Nicole. That should be fun. Dennis is all twitterpated about this show, so I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully, by then, I won't be gagging and coughing.

No comments: