DJHJD

DJHJD

Sunday, February 04, 2007

So, I think I've decided to:

Go big with Skype, and get a SkypeIN telephone number..

Get a Skype phone for use at the office, and a Skype/Analog phone for
use at home

I found a software program that has my Treo automatically forward
incoming calls to a pre-set telephone number when the Treo is in it's
cradle - I'll have it forward to the Skype In number. That will give
me clearer signal; one of my difficulties is the poor Sprint signal
when I'm in the office or at home.

I'll publish just one phone number, the Sprint number. If I'm at the
office, the incoming phone calls will come into the Skype line. At
home, same thing. I can make outbound calls from the Skype line.

At home, I can call TWC and tell them to either drop the price on the
phone service, or I can cut it off.

The Sprint minutes, now at 2500/month, could be dropped down to about
400, saving almost $100 a month. If I turn off the TWC digital phone
and cut the Sprint minutes in that fashion, I'd have saved about $140
a month.

I'll start encouraging people to move to Skype for telephony; it's
very big overseas. If both callers are on Skype, the calls are free.
Free free free.

No comments: